Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday in Chesire Home

Momo is seeking God!

A SPEACIAL SUNDAY FOR ME

Today is 8th of February which is equivalent to the 14th of 1st month of lunar calendar. That’s mean tomorrow is chap goh mei feast.

Still in a New Year mood, I accompanied my mum to chesire home, somewhere near jalan uplands. Our purposes were to hand in some things to the unfortunate ones who reside in that centre. It was not our first time to Cheshire home, but I am still not familiar with the atmosphere of that centre. Most of them are Down syndrome, handicap as well as facing some other mental disabilities problems. It’s very hard for me to communicate with them. I admit that I am a little bit coward~

Our presence was welcomed by the matron of Cheshire home, sister Regina, who is a kind nun. When I first met her in the year of 2006, she really gave me a good impression. I adore her, because she managed to handle the Cheshire home’s patients successfully. Besides that, the attitudes that she reflected to me were very touched my heart. Sister Regina left her worldly things and picked the choice to serve the mankind. How great!

In the meantime, we were also met a kakak, to be exact she’s a cook in the kitchen of that centre. She joined us in chat. After some observation around that centre, I noticed that most of the co-workers as well as the volunteers were very enjoy with their works. They smiled to each other, care about the patients and help some handicaps to undergo the physiotherapy programmes with perfect patient and care.

After we completed our ‘mission’, we went to the spring to shop! Now I realized that doing a good cause was thousand times happier than I purchased a thousand sets of books from mph bookstore. A mystery satisfaction is there, in my heart, that kind of feelings can only be found through doing merit works. Yea, it’s simple to get inner peace and happiness.

Now I felt quite sorry for the patients in chesire home as well as all the unfortunate ones in the world, regardless of their race, faith, political status or anything. I hope all of us can pray for them and help the them once we able to offer some help to them. To help them isn’t that hard, we can, perhaps lead them to walk across a traffic road, donate foods to them and so on. Everyone may have their own methods in serve them. Just choose your preferences.

To conclude, it’s a very special Sunday for me. I learned the meaning of charity today, so I share my though with my readers. It is a common good to practice by everyone of us.

Cheers!

Jesus said, give is better than receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moses Stories

My days with 5 ALpha~

My days with 5 ALpha~