Friday, March 6, 2009

END OF HOLIDAYS?!

Lydia Teh, my favourite Malaysia author

HONK! If you are Malaysian~



(from left, K Moses, Perry and Ming Huan)


END OF HOLIDAYS?!

Today is 6th of March~ We sit have 6 days to go to get our SPM test results! It is a very frightening day for me! I am waiting for it.
Before I end up these long and fun holidays, I again spent lots of money to purchase all the books that I interested with.
Yesterday, I went to Popular, BDC to have a look and who knows I can seek all the books that I am still missing! To my amazement, I saw Ming Huan.
He’s working his part-time job in the bookstore. We talk a lot about our plans after get the results, he want to study Aerospace’s stuff; then I told him I want to take LAW. We chat from a topic to a topic, quite a fun conservation.

After ended up our talks, i finally found my new darling book, entitled, ‘HONK! If you are Malaysia’ by Lydia Teh! It is a very interesting and wonderful book, the author is a typical Malaysia Chinese woman with four children. Her writing skills were so creative as well as a lots of sense of humor~ Once I read it, it seems like drinking a bowl of HOT SUP AYAM in a cold night. So warm-hearted and it brings a fresh air to our suffocating tactful society of Malaysia! It is a book that Malaysian should read and laugh with its contain. So Malaysiana.

Oh Gosh! After I picked the book I’d mentioned earlier, I saw another book, entitled, ‘Hantus and Spells with some survival guides’ by Nambai. Nambai is a Malay author, through his English educated background as well as his broad minded, his writing style were so fantastic and you will not get bored by his writings. As An ex-lawyer, he really didn’t act like a somebody or a serious person in all his articles; he tried to create another kind of atmosphere in Malaysian English Literature. I enjoy his ghost stories, then he really know how to play with English words. He’s one of my favorite local writers.

In order to save my wallet from ‘dried-up’, I walked to counter and paid for the books. Luckily I didn’t turned back and searched for any books again. If no, I really bankrupt~ I had bought 4 books in this week, average 9 books a month. Now then I realized why I am poor.

It’s my preparation towards end of Holiday, before the beginning of new College life.

God helps me to make way, please~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moses Stories

My days with 5 ALpha~

My days with 5 ALpha~